Human Resource Coordinator
Are you looking to launch your career in Human Resources, utilizing your organizational and detailed-oriented skills to create order out of chaos? If so, this is the role for you!
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the Human Resource Coordinator is responsible for providing a broad range of administrative support to the Human Resources department. Rapidly learn and develop the foundations for a career in HR while at the same time developing other highly important skills such as program and project management.
Dynamic Signal is a 100 people startup in Silicon Valley that helps companies communicate with employees. We make a platform that delivers information to employees on various platforms (web, email, mobile app, etc) in order to keep them engaged and informed. We also empower employees to easily share company approved content on social media, transforming them into experts, advocates, and contributors. Dynamic Signal was founded in 2010 by a group of seasoned entrepreneurs that value a healthy life to fast paced startup growth balance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer key HR processes such as onboarding, offboarding, employee changes, benefits, payroll, and reporting.
- Perform HRIS/benefit/payroll entry, reconciliation, and audits.
- Manage day-to-day benefits administration, including new hire enrollments and first point of contact for questions, and assist with the annual open enrollment process.
- Create, maintain, and audit employee files, including employee status changes, new hire and separation paperwork, benefits, and payroll, ensuring adherence with company policies and document retention guidelines.
- Maintain HRIS and support production and maintenance of reports, including organizational charts, employee headcount, stock option grants, and other reports as needed.
- Respond to employee and manager inquiries regarding benefits, policies, employee data, and HR systems, escalating as appropriate.
- Assist with new program rollouts, including annual performance review process and new HRIS implementation.
- Assist HR Manager and Office Assistant with company event planning.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as required in support of the HR team and management.
The following educational and experience requirements will be used as a selection tool for this position. These qualifications are considered essential to be successful in the role.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-2 years of previous administrative experience, preferably in Human Resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. HRIS experience is a bonus.
- Outstanding client service skills, and exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness, and follow-through.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate needs, and adapt to changes in focus.
- Dependable and consistently working in the office to provide the necessary level of support to the HR team, employees, and management.
- Diplomacy, confidentiality, and professionalism are a cornerstone of this role and developing and maintaining positive working relationships is a must.
- Naturally curious, and constantly looking for ways to improve things.
- Fun and passionate about learning more about HR.