Dynamic Signal is looking for a network and security focused system administrator to join our team. You must have 3+ years of experience in all major brand networking equipment (routers, L3/2 switches, firewalls, VPNS) and key network security tools (SNORT, Bro Platform, TCPDump, Wireshark). We’re looking for self-starters that can lift 50lbs of equipment and shoulder the responsibility of maintaining extensive network infrastructure.
Location: San Bruno, CA
The team’s main objective is to ensure production runs smoothly and up-time is within SLA. We collaborate mostly with internal engineering teams to support development and releases. We often support the client solutions team with technical expertise as well.
A sample of the daily tasks for this role includes: IDS and network monitoring, Linux/Windows, DNS, routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, security implementations/compliance/review.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years directly related work experience in network, security administration
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of network architectures, designs, security and protocols
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper or other major brand networking equipment (routers, L3/2 switches, firewalls, VPNs, proxies, etc)
- Experience with Windows 2008/2012 and Linux (RHEL/Centos) operating systems
- Experience with network monitoring (nagios, zabbix, syslog, SNMP, etc)
- Working knowledge of network security tools (SNORT, Bro, TCPDump, Wireshark, Nmap, etc)
- Strong analytic and communication skills
- Self starter and attitude of getting issues resolved on a timely basis
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- on-call rotation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS or other relevant field
Pluses (Nice to have, but not required):
- Experience in SaaS environment
- Experience with regulatory compliance (SOX, PCI, HIPPA, etc)
- Knowledge of a scripting language (perl, python, php, ruby, bash, powershell, etc)
- Experience with opensource software (LAMP, ELK, etc)
- Knowledge of configuration management (Ansible, Salt, Puppet, Chef)