17 Key Statistics on Mobile Video for Employee Engagement
According to Tubular Insights, video will account for 79% of all global internet traffic in 2020. Consumer demand for watching – and even producing – videos, continues to take over social platforms like Facebook and Instagram. However, this consumption isn’t just happening at home. Employees demand consistency in communication both in and out of their professional lives. If they’re watching videos this much outside of work, the need for videos in the office is just as high.
Mobile video also continues to overpower any other type of content format with no sign of slowing down. If companies want to stay relevant, they need to take note and integrate video production within their internal communications channels.
To get you started on including video within your internal communications strategy, we’ve collected a list of statistics proving its worth:
General Video Consumption Statistics
- Adults in the US will spend an average of 5 hours, 31 minutes watching video each day this year (Source: eMarketer)
- 55% of people watch videos online every day (Source: MWP)
- YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of all people on the internet. (Source: YouTube)
- Snapchat’s 1.65 billion monthly users watch 100 million hours of content on the platform each day. (Source: AdWeek)
- Using “video” in an email subject line boost CTR rates by 65% (Source: Syndacast)
- 85% of Facebook video is watched without sound (Source: Digiday)
- 25% of consumers lose interest in a company if it doesn’t have video. (Source: Animoto)
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users (Source: VidYard)
Employee Engagement & Mobile Video Statistics
- More than half of all video viewing is now happening on mobile, and most of those views come from phones, not tablets. (Source: Ooyala)
- Ad spending on mobile video will reach $18 billion next year, surpassing desktop. (Source: Zenith)
- 83% of senior executives agreed they watch more online videos than they did a year ago (Source: Tubular Insights)
- 52% of marketers believe that video is effective for brand awareness (Source: WowMakers)
- Executives tend to watch work-related video on business-related websites (75%) far more often than they watch such content on YouTube (51%). (Source: Tubular Insights)
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video (Source: MWP)
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. (Source: Syndacast)
- 93% of marketers are using video in their campaigns (Source: Single Grain)
We’re doing this on a regular basis here at Dynamic Signal for our team. Whether it’s an internal training that we record and broadcast, or introducing a new executive in our Rapid Fire Friday series, we see a massive increase in engagement when it is video-based content.
If you want to get the attention of your employees, increase engagement, as well as boost external brand marketing, video will continue to be the preferred method of education and mobile will be their top way of consuming content.