8 Things We’re Thankful For in 2018
It was a remarkable sight. More than 150 communicators, marketers and HR professionals from around the world gathered in San Francisco in October to learn about the latest trends in how businesses are connecting with their employees. The Summit by Dynamic Signal conference was the first-ever gathering of innovators who are revolutionizing the employee experience at their companies.
“When we started Dynamic Signal eight years ago, we never could have dreamed of having an event like this, surrounded by amazing business people who consider us a trusted partner,” said CEO and co-founder Russ Fradin.
In fact, 300-plus customers in 24 countries now use Dynamic Signal’s Employee Communication and Engagement Platform to create stronger, richer bonds with their employees and drive growth.
So, yes, we have plenty to be thankful for as 2018 winds down. And in the spirit of the holiday season, we would like to share eight moments – in honor of our eighth anniversary – that make us profoundly grateful as we continue to work toward growing our global community of communicators.
Drum roll please for our Great 8.
- The Inaugural Summit. The sold-out conference was confirmation that professionals are eager to collaborate with peers as they work to improve communication and engagement at their companies. The jam-packed agenda of panels, learning sessions and speakers included a terrific keynote by Trish Wexler, the Chief Communications Officer at Chase, the retail arm of JPMorgan Chase, who spoke about building trust in a post-truth world. Dynamic Signal CMO Joelle Kaufman told the audience that it has never been more critical for companies to connect with their employees. “Every CEO is talking about the importance of employee experience,” Kaufman said. “Gallup recently reported that 34 percent of workers are engaged, which is an all-time high. But from Dynamic Signal’s perspective, that means 66 percent of the workforce isn’t engaged. There’s a lot of opportunity for all of us to do way better.”
- The growth of DySi Elite. This interactive community for Dynamic Signal customers rapidly grew in 2018 to more than 750 active members. DySi Elite has become a way for communicators to share ideas and ask one another for guidance on the common challenges they’re facing.
- The launch of DySi Cares Grant Program. As part of the #DySiCares Corporate Social Responsibility initiative, three nonprofits will receive our Employee Communication and Engagement Platform to help them with their philanthropic efforts. This will enable deserving organizations to amplify their great work more efficiently on social networks.
- Gold Stevie Award. Dynamic Signal was honored with a Gold Stevie in the “Best Integrated Mobile Experience” category at the 16th annual American Business Awards. We were very proud because this is the nation’s premier business awards program, generating more than 3,700 nominations from organizations in virtually every industry. The judges noted that Dynamic Signal’s mobile app design creates a great user experience for both beginners and pros.
- Dynamic Signal Cracks Top 100 in SaaS 1000 List. We placed 97th in the ranking, which is created by an algorithm that tracks the growth in company size over a six-month period. “All companies in the SaaS 1000 are growing fast, but the Top 100 are the real playmakers,” said Tom Blue, founder of the list. “Usually, they are the No. 1 or No. 2 player in their niche.” Translation: We’re among the rocket ships.
- Another Year, Another Office. This year we opened up an office in Chicago. It joined our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley, London, New York, and Seattle.
- Becky Graebe joins Dynamic Signal. Graebe, who has a well-earned reputation as one of the country’s most innovative leaders in employee engagement strategies, became Dynamic Signal’s Senior Director, Communication Expert. She has worked in the industry for more than 20 years and also serves on the Employee Communications Section board for the Public Relations Society of America. You can learn more about Graebe’s story here.
- We’re a Great Place to Work! Dynamic Signal received a couple of very cool honors for creating an exceptional workplace where employees feel valued. Dynamic Signal was recognized as one of the 50 Highest Rated Private Cloud Computing Companies to Work For by global investment firm Battery Ventures and recruiting website Glassdoor. Dynamic Signal was ranked No. 31 with an overall company rating of 4.5 (out of 5). Also, we were included in the 2018 Bay Area Best Places to work, an awards program presented by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal.
Yes, we’ve had much to be grateful for this year. We hope it has been the same for you, too.