There’s an app for that.
Yes, you’ve heard that line before – over and over.
It really does seem like there’s an app for almost everything these days as mobile devices have become the way we navigate our daily lives. And there are also employee apps to help keep workers better informed and more aligned at their jobs by ensuring they have easy access to information, resources, and tools – all in the palm of their hands.
Ideally, an Employee App is no different than any other favorite app that people download on their phones. It’s a convenient, user-friendly place that workers are regularly visiting because they know what they need and want will always be waiting for them.
Aggregating information, in real-time, by integrating with existing core tools and resources eliminates the need for your people to go searching for it.
An Employee App will:
- Deliver targeted information to specific people, roles, teams, and locations, so that employees are always up to speed on what they need to know
- Improve productivity by aggregating commonly used resources and tools for different groups of employees
- Reduce risk by featuring important policies and procedures, notifying employees of updates, and driving the intended action related to training, with complete visibility into employee engagement
- Impact company culture by recognizing outstanding achievements, highlighting internal events and development opportunities, and connecting employees with one another to foster a strong sense of community among the workforce
But what, specifically, can and should be housed on an Employee App? We’ve got some suggestions. There are several buckets of content and resources that could be accessed on an Employee App.
A targeted news feed designed to quickly provide a steady stream of engaging, useful content about everything that’s happening around the organization.
- Company wins
- Product announcements
- Employee spotlights such as day-in-the-life profiles
- Team highlights
- New programs
- Communicating change such as new benefits, leadership moves, acquisitions
- Company events
- Workplace improvements/notifications
- Cultural and diversity groups
- Corporate responsibility highlights
- Volunteer opportunities
- Media articles
- Industry news
- Awards (company, teams, individuals)
- Thought leadership posts
- Daily/weekly cafeteria menus
Information that helps employees do their jobs more effectively without wasting valuable time hunting and searching.
- Onboarding documents
- Company/HR policies
- Training videos
- Operational procedures
- IT resources
- Branding materials including imagery, logos, approved copy to use in presentations
- Safety guidelines such as what to do if there’s a spill on the factory floor
- Evacuation instructions in case of emergency
- Contact information for managers, supervisors, and other key personnel
- Company event calendars
- Parking information
- Company/building maps
- Visitor information
A portal that provides smooth, simplified, and secure access to commonly used resources by employees.
- Work schedules
- Time off requests
- Pay stubs
- Benefits information
- Expense reimbursement forms
- Employee directory
And it’s all at the fingertips of your workforce.
An Employee App also gives organizations the ability to reach out directly to workers with especially important information through push notifications, or distribute content across additional channels like email, intranets, and collaboration systems. With a platform like Dynamic Signal, you can even request that employees confirm they’ve received information.
When you need to reach people – right now –it’s already too late to start thinking about how you’re going to do it. But with an Employee App, you never have to wonder about how you can connect with your people.
Instead, the only thing you’ll have to think through is the possibilities of what you can make available on your Employee App.
Interested in learning more about how an Employee App can transform the way your organization connects and engages with the entire workforce? Read our comprehensive post, “Employee App: Seven Reasons Why Your Company Needs One Today.”