Dynamic Signal is looking for an AP Specialist who will be responsible for the disbursements process and related reconciliations for our US and UK companies. We are seeking an individual who has good knowledge of GAAP, understanding of general ledger structure and financial reporting. The AP Specialist must have a minimum 2 years of AP experience and will report to the AP Supervisor and Controller. We are seeking an individual who can ensure that all activities related to this job position are accomplished in an ethical, prudent and secure manner.
- Report to AP Supervisor and Controller. You from experience know what needs to be done and you are a self-starter.
- Perform full cycle accounts payable functions including documentation review, coding, securing of sufficient support and approvals, entry and payment for all business expenses and reconciliation of the related transactions and accounts. The general areas of AP functions cover vendor/contractor invoices and agreements, employee expense reports, credit card expenses, petty cash, etc. all subject to the company’s and the IRS policies and procedures.
- Organize and manage expense files (electronic and paper versions): Contracts, invoices, payment records and other supporting documents. Reconcile and maintain vendor accounts, contracts, POs, W-9’s, etc.
- Prepare journal entries and payment schedules as needed, supported by sufficient documentation and calculation.
- Assist AP Supervisor in performing periodic reconciliations including, but not limited to, prepaid expenses, accounts payable, various accruals, fixed assets, and payroll expenses. Other areas you may be involved include bank and credit card reconciliations, certain A/R responsibilities (e.g. summarizing and depositing checks received in mail) and commissions.
- Participate in design and implementation of best practice in accordance with the company policies.
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed (e.g. sales tax, annual audits, 1099 issuance and reporting, etc.).
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in AP function
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc.
- Prior experience utilizing online QuickBooks Pro, NetSuite, Expensify and/or Concur desired
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Catered lunches 4 days a week (the 5th day is reserved for team fun)
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation time
- Fun team events every week, month, quarter and pool, ping pong, life-size Jenga every day
- Startup experience in a fast-growing company and the chance to grow into your dream role
- A thoughtful leadership team that has done this before with great success
- A playful and diverse team eager to meet you
- A new MacBook Pro when you start