Consultant – Expert Services
The Consultant reports into the Engagement Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day interactions with our customers. You’ll act as partner and point of contact for each of your customers. You might be a subject matter expert with data analytics, content writing, change management, social media, or training.
What is Expert Services?
The Expert Services team is a group of highly skilled consultants and analysts. We sit within the Customer Success org and are a premium, paid offering that our customers purchase when they need expert guidance and support. This may include help with program launch, growing adoption, providing best practice, and training materials, building reporting decks, managing users, or helping with the day-to-day management of the platform.
What is Your Job?
You are the main customer contact. You own the customer relationship for the life cycle of the contract and will work on the day-to-day support of that engagement. You may have customers of your own as well as working with an experienced Engagement Manager on larger customer engagements. Expert Services works with customers to ensure they get the most out of their Dynamic Signal experience. It is your job to understand the customer’s strategies and goals and work with them on how best to achieve maximum value from their program.
You will provide the following for customers:
- Owning agendas for weekly/biweekly calls.
- Guidance on how to increase users.
- Platform training for users and managers.
- Understand customer business outcomes, developing key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Sharing best practices.
- Partnering with our Professional Services team for implementation and launch planning.
- Technical troubleshooting.
- Routing inbound requests to the appropriate teams.
- Pulling and analyzing metrics; data manipulation in Excel or Tableau.
- Content posting or user management.
Who Are You?
- The right person has a distinct passion for SaaS solutions driving value, adoption, and growth of solutions.
- You have experience in Customer Success, Sales, communications, and/or working directly with customers.
- You understand the marketing and internal communications technology landscape, understand the needs and mindsets of these stakeholders.
- You are comfortable and professional with customers.
- You can balance a wide range of accounts and tasks without letting items fall through the cracks.
- You know which responsibilities to own and when to delegate.
- You have strong written communication skills and can create materials and presentations.
- You have a customer-centric focus and are always looking for ways to add additional value to any assignment.
- You will be able to quickly master both the technical nuances of how the product works, helping the customer understand best practices and ways to make your customers’ programs more successful.
- You have a proven and strong analytic background tied to program results.
- Work with customers who purchase Expert Services for their program. Own the scope of work with little or no supervision.
- Develop deep understanding of Dynamic Signal’s technology to guide customers.
- Respond to customer requests in a timely fashion – in some cases you will be the customer’s main point of contact.
- Occasionally partner internally with Customer Success Managers, Technical Consultants or Professional Services staff to align on program goals.
- Manage multiple customer projects simultaneously.
- Ensure that engagements conclude with fully satisfied customers who are willing to be references for new potential customers.
- 25-30% travel post-covid.
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in a quantitative or technical or marketing field (alternatively, one with a significant problem-solving and/or practical focus).
- 2+ years of experience in consulting, customer relationship management, customer success, or account operations desired; digital media/social media and enterprise software company experience preferred.
- Superb verbal, written, and interpersonal skills, including outstanding persuasion and presentation skills, with the skill to communicate up and down an organization.
- Passion for data, analytics, and insights in the social web realm.
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work with very little guidance and direction.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Ability to interact with customer teams at various levels of technical and non-technical depth.