The Director, Customer Success will lead a team that drives maximum adoption of Dynamic Signal’s platform and identify/drive product expansion opportunities via high value relationship with the client.
Drive operational performance goals and will be responsible for achieving quarterly targets in terms of renewal rates to maximize revenue and minimize cancellations.
Build team, improve internal processes and systems to achieve operational performance that meets or exceeds goals. Establish and measure group goals and team performance against specific target objectives. Participate in strategic and tactical planning for the Customer Success team.
Build on-going customer relationships to drive renewals, maximize timely renewals and up-sell to the client. Own the resolution of client issues. Plan regional coverage and staffing models. Interface with virtual team to accomplish goals. Build and maintain strong relationships with the highest levels internally and within clients.
Responsibilities & Functions:
- Develop, implement and accomplish short, medium and long-term vision for customer success within regional accounts
- Define customer success plans, targets and objectives; ensure that the appropriate level of resources and capabilities exist within the team to achieve the goals
- Recruit, attract and retain a team of customer success professionals for each functional role throughout the team
- Define and optimize customer lifecycle by leading the definition of the segmentation of customer base and varying strategies
- Manage customer success activities, on-boarding and adoption, customer success management, renewals, cross-sell / up-sell sales leads, customer advocacy
- Define operational metrics/KPIs for the team; ensure there are adequate systems for tracking metrics; create cadence for reporting progress with executive management
- Develop organization to act as advocate for the customer and serve as the escalation point for on-going customer success issues
- Builds support across a wide range of stakeholders; creates a strong network of relationships among peers, partners, decision-makers and stakeholders. Makes cross-functional cooperation happen.
- Improve internal processes and systems to achieve operational performance that meets or exceeds goals
- Measure and improve customer health and attainment of customers’ business objectives to increase renewal rates and reduce churn.
- Expand revenue in accounts through cross-sell and upsell. Influence customer lifetime value (CLV) through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction, retention and overall health scores.
- Leverage tools, systems, processes and resources to maximize customer success; collaborate with other functional groups within Dynamic Signal to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Drive product quality and product improvement by collaborating with product development (customer feedback, feature requests, etc.).
- Drive the generation of new customer references by delivering on promised business outcomes.
Desired Skills & Experience
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Minimum of 15+ years of experience in technology, operations, or service delivery in customer-facing roles
- Substantial leadership experience, with 5+ years at senior management / director level
- Experience effectively managing 5+ direct reports and in a geographically dispersed organization
- Previous experience for a software vendor (SaaS preferred)
- Successful track record of growing a team, with examples of hiring, coaching and developing effective teams
- Proactive customer value realization mindset vs. reactive issue resolution mindset
- Demonstrated ability to prepare, present, and execute strategic operating plans
- Results-oriented individual with a history of setting and obtaining goals and meeting aggressive timelines
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with a diverse set of constituencies
- Confident, capable, enthusiastic self-starter with minimal need for direction
- Desire and compatibility to work in an early-stage company environment