Dynamic Signal is the leading Employee Communication and Engagement Platform, committed to creating a connected, inclusive, and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be their best. From factory workers and field employees to knowledge workers in any time zone, hundreds of companies across every industry use Dynamic Signal’s web, desktop, and mobile applications to build aligned, productive, and actively engaged communities and employee advocates.
Dynamic Signal is seeking a Director of Engineering for our Belfast office to help take our enterprise SaaS employee engagement platform to the next level. You will be responsible for leading our core engineering teams and build a world-class engineering culture. You will work in partnership with your peers through effective hiring, mentorship, and development, which attracts and retains engineers with exceptional talent. This is a great opportunity to lead our platform expansions for our next generation of capabilities that will enhance our ability to deliver amazing employee engagement experiences. You will also be a site-lead for the Belfast office and collaborate with other leaders within the Belfast team to communicate critical business initiatives for Dynamic Signal employees at the Belfast office.
- Recruit, mentor, lead, and retain best-in-class engineering talent to establish a high performing engineering organization in the Belfast office.
- Lead an engineering organization of 10+ engineers to enable rapid software development and deployment that can: accelerate, design, build, test, and launch releases with constant updates.
- Partner with the executive team and other leaders within Dynamic Signal to define success metrics for your Belfast team, and ensure your team delivers in alignment with the company’s overall strategic goals and initiatives.
- Ensure the team sets and exceeds strategic objective key result goals each quarter, year, and beyond.
- Partner with your peers in engineering, design, QA, and product leadership globally to execute on our engineering goals and deliver best-in-class products for our customers.
- Successfully execute against our product roadmap in partnership with cross-functional teams including Product, Sales, Marketing, InfoSec, Customer Success, Finance, HR, and Executive Leadership.
- Take a hands-on approach to the entire software development lifecycle and demonstrate ownership and accountability for the team’s delivery.
- You dive deep into technology and are on the forefront of the latest tools, technologies, and strategies and help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to our team.
- Participate in virtual tech events and meetups to spread awareness of our Dynamic Signal brand within the engineering community in Belfast.
- Work with 3rd party software vendors to arrive at technical solutions for our platform integrations.
- Proactively identify, drive, and manage engineering initiatives towards achieving our goals.
- Articulate technical direction and driving factors to senior stakeholders.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the team.
- Make effective decisions within fast-paced work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of senior engineering management experience, and overall 10+ years of experience in software development.
- Have a passion for building cloud-based platforms that support a global enterprise client base.
- Demonstrated experience leading the design, development, delivery and maintenance of large scale and high-performant platforms.
- Clearly communicate software design in conversation, documentation, and presentations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with private and public cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and SaaS or PaaS products highly desired.
- Experience with fast-growth companies and recruiting & retaining the best engineering talent.
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing activities with your direct and cross-functional teams.
- Experience leading teams delivering revenue generating enterprise SaaS products from ideation to production is preferred.
- Knowledge of multiple data compliance & security standards (SOC 2, ISO 27001, GDPR, FedRAMP,etc.) is preferred.
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge and hands-on skills with our core languages and technologies highly desired:
- .NET, C# and associated toolsets / frameworks.
- PostgreSQL, Redis, Rabbit, ELK, Veracode.
Dynamic Signal (DySi) purpose is to create a connected, inclusive, and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be their best.
Everything we do at DySi is based around our five core values; Integrity, Equality, Ownership, Mindfulness, and Excellence. They shape the way we approach our work, our colleagues, our customers, our vendors, our partners, and our industry peers.
We are an inclusive company and equality is one of our core values. We welcome applications from all backgrounds, including those with criminal records.
Having a criminal record will not exclude you from a career with DySi, this depends entirely on the nature of the offences, and requirements of the position.
To access our Recruitment of Ex-Offenders Policy please send an email to;
Each applicant offered a position within DySi must complete a basic background check. This background check may vary depending on locations. For Northern Ireland job roles, successful applicants will be asked to complete and Access NI basic check, for jobs roles in England successful applicants will be asked to complete and complete a DBS check.