The Director of Sales Operations manages support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, territory development, quota management, sales process optimization, sales program implementation, and sales compensation design and administration. The Director of Sales Operations is responsible for measurement of the overall productivity and effectiveness of the global sales organization. The Director of Sales Operations also works closely with internal stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization.
The position will report to the SVP of Sales. This position requires exceptional consultative skills, problem solving ability, and an ability to translate KPI’s into process improvement initiatives. The Director of Sales Operations will have expertise in supporting similar technology sales organizations that serve enterprise (Fortune 1000) organizations—preferably products related to HR, Communications or Marketing. The Director of Sales Operations will bring a detail-oriented approach to the job and have the skills and experience to optimize the entire sales process from lead generation to procurement working with Dynamic Signal’s account executives, client success consultants, marketing, project management, and contracting resources.
Coordinate sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitor and strive to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the company.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Supports the equitable assignment of territory design and management based on an ABM marketing strategy
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Supports the implementation of enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Drives the requirements and subsequent implementation of those requirements in the contracts, pricing and quoting engine to facilitate a timely and accurate quoting process.
- Provides input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, Contracts, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
Five or more years of increasing responsibility in a similar role at a successful software company
- Impressive track record supporting the sales of products to enterprise HR, IT, Marketing, & Communications teams
- Expertise using and training on consultative and solution selling techniques
- Proven account planning skills
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Product experience working with SaaS offerings
- Strong analytical skills
- Outstanding team player
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Catered lunches 4 days a week (the 5th day is reserved for team fun)
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation time
- Fun team events every week, month, quarter and pool, ping pong, life-size Jenga every day
- Startup experience in a fast-growing company and the chance to grow into your dream role
- A thoughtful leadership team that has done this before with great success
- A playful and diverse team eager to meet you
- A new MacBook Pro when you start