Dynamic Signal is the leading Employee Communication and Engagement Platform, committed to creating a connected, inclusive, and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be their best. From factory workers and field employees, to knowledge workers in any time zone, hundreds of companies across every industry use Dynamic Signal’s web, desktop, and mobile applications to build aligned, productive, and actively engaged communities and employee advocates.
As a Product Engineering team, we pride ourselves in delivering quality software that people love to use and embrace large scale business and technical challenges. Operating as a global team, we are organized into self-sufficient agile feature teams to allow maximum autonomy and speed. We build in a modern, evolving stack (C#, .Net Core, Swift, Kotlin, React, PostgreSQL), leveraging new technologies as needed. We operate with shared trust and no egos and enjoy being ‘in this together’ to collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business.
Role and level:
As a Technical Team Lead, you will be responsible for leading one of our agile feature teams in the successful delivery of core features that impact the lives of users worldwide.
· Build, lead and retain best-in-class engineering talent to build a diverse high performing team
· Be the conduit of growth for your team. Inspire and nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor, as well as by challenging the team to do their best work. You’ll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, defining goals, perform evaluations, and collaborate with employees on their objectives.
· Set clear vision and purpose for the team and track against KPI’s.
· Take ownership of the successful timely development and delivery of core features including architecture, estimation, planning, user story creation, and day to day management. Effective planning and reporting are key to this.
· Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
· Be a hands-on technical advisor to the team, leading teams to build and test modern, scalable, performant, and secure applications in line with development standards and guidelines and patterns: This may involve leading code reviews, helping the team solve difficult problems by designing and architecting solutions along with PMs and design, gut checking new ideas and proposals, or bringing innovative concepts to life as a PoC, etc.
· Drive improvement initiatives in engineering reliability, productivity, process and quality
· Represent your customers’ perspectives. You plan for how they will be impacted by the services you build, and you always work to enable their success.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years of leading and managing high performing Mobile (iOS/Android) engineering teams
· 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer or Developer developing Mobile Apps.
· Rich development experience with Swift, Java, and/or Kotlin.
· Experience developing and delivering scalable, stable, and performant customer-facing Mobile Apps.
· Experience running teams in an Agile or Scrum environment
· You are flexible, dedicated, and curious
· You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic when necessary.
· You have a passion for mentoring and coaching engineers
· You have a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality
· You have excellent communication skills and great ability to build effective working relationships