Dynamic Signal is the leading Employee Communication and Engagement Platform, committed to creating a connected, inclusive, and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be their best. From factory workers and field employees, to knowledge workers in any time zone, hundreds of companies across every industry use Dynamic Signal’s web, desktop, and mobile applications to build aligned, productive, and actively engaged communities and employee advocates.
Dynamic Signal is looking for an FP&A Business Partner. This is a full-time role based on San Bruno, CA.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for helping develop and execute financial planning and resource investment decisions. You will help evaluate and determine overall strategy for investment, headcount planning, targets, and compensation. You will also partner with senior executives in the organizations to forecast, plan, and analyze business activities.
This role requires someone who can support world-class financial forecasting, planning & reporting. In addition, the FP&A Business Partner will help with operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process.
The FP&A Business Partner, Corporate will interact with senior management in this role and must become a trusted thought partner to them.
- Own, update and maintain the company’s models (1 year and long-range model across IS, BS, and CF) for actuals and forecast
- Support the rolling forecast and long-range planning process at the corporate level in close coordination with the CFO
- Help maintain the company’s monthly and quarterly reporting and re-forecasting cadence and align with Accounting’s close schedule
- Prepare annual plans with year-on-year and quarter-on-quarter variance analysis
- Support the CFO on Board materials and financial summaries for the executive team including weekly and monthly dashboard of operating results, trends, and metrics
- Develop robust models on trends, key business drivers, and financial results to prioritize & plan investment decisions in collaboration with senior management
- Understand the business cases for investment across the company and advise on whether the resourcing needs can be funded
- Develop and maintain dashboards for the executive team tracking performance of KPIs against targets
- Track ongoing performance through comparison of actuals versus expectations and identify opportunities to help drive greater efficiencies
- Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly reporting cycle
- Compensation planning as needed
- Other ad hoc projects as need be
As this is a highly cross-functional role, candidates are required to be highly analytical and very effective communicators. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of superior financial modeling and using analysis to influence decision-making, including prior experience in a corporate finance and/or strategy-related role. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem-solving and focused on driving towards results.
- 4-year degree from top-tier university with strong academic performance
- 3-5 years of experience in investment banking, FP&A at a private equity-backed company, and/or corporate FP&A experience at a startup (enterprise SaaS preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Excel and computer skills. Netsuite and Anaplan experience a strong plus
- Comfortable with fast-paced, demanding environment. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and juggle several urgent demands at any given point, while adapting to changing priorities
- Able to create and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Dynamic Signal leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day
- You are committed to a connected and inclusive work environment