Responsible for the full cycle payroll functions and all activities regarding the management of employee compensation in the company. Collect and verify compensation packages as well as underlying documents to support payroll calculation. Perform timely and accurate payroll processing. Report directly to Controller.
- Perform daily payroll department operations and manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely for the US and UK offices.
- Reconcile and review payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports.
- Understand proper taxation and deduction for compliance with the Fed, State and UK regulations.
- Manage quarterly and annual payroll tax returns and other compliance reports for Fed, State and UK.
- Participate in design and implementation of best practice in accordance with the company policies.
- Lead or assist on special projects as needed.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of experience processing multi-state payroll
- Experience in processing payroll for temporary/permanent resident visa holders preferred
- Experience utilizing ADP WorkforceNow desired
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with intermediate skills in Excel
- Reliability with strong work ethics
- Maturity and professionalism to handle confidential data
- Excellent organizational skill, attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and demands
- Ability to communicate effectively with the teammates and various levels of management as well as external contacts
- Strategic, analytical and motivated to self-educate; able to identify and report relevant issues to the management for timely and accurate resolution.
- Catered lunches 4 days a week (the 5th day is reserved for team fun)
- Unlimited drinks and snacks
- Competitive Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Unlimited vacation time
- Fun team events every week, month, quarter and pool, ping pong, life-size Jenga every day
- Startup experience in a fast-growing company and the chance to grow into your dream role
- A thoughtful leadership team that has done this before with great success
- A playful and diverse team eager to meet you
- Free on-site gym access