Dynamic Signal is the leading Employee Communication and Engagement Platform, committed to creating a connected, inclusive, and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be their best. From factory workers and field employees, to knowledge workers in any time zone, hundreds of companies across every industry use Dynamic Signal’s web, desktop, and mobile applications to build aligned, productive, and actively engaged communities and employee advocates.
We are looking for a Payroll Manager to own the payroll function at Dynamic Signal. You will work to ensure our payroll expenses and taxes are paid correctly and on time. A big part of your job will be to supervise our payroll team and liaise with all of our business units.
Our ideal candidate is analytical and methodical, with experience in payroll administration and deep knowledge of payroll regulations. We also value integrity, team spirit, and strong organizational skills.
Your goal will be to ensure our payroll procedures are compliant, efficient, and current.
- Timely and accurate processing for all US and UK payroll functions including the preparation, processing, and disbursement of all regular and off-cycle payrolls, incentive compensation, payroll taxes, and employee benefit payments as well as deductions.
- Will be responsible for implementing payroll in-house. Currently, payroll is processed through ADP Comprehensive Services.
- Have extensive knowledge in the following areas:
- Overtime pay requirements by state
- Final check regulations
- Deductions for benefits (will own EDI feed between ADP and Fidelity)
- New state set up in ADP for tax purposes
- Partner with Human Resources to process payroll system inputs including new hires, changes in salary, overtime, terminations, benefits, tax withholdings, annual elections, etc. for all salaried and hourly employees
- Develop systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, garnishments, deductions, taxes, and third-party payments).
- Manage and own all functions that fall under the Payroll, Time & Attendance, Time Off 401k loans processing, Timecard management within ADP portal
- Ensure data integrity in ADP and ensure data is accurately kept
- Owning the funding of the 401k plan in connection with processing payroll and ensure compliance for 401k audits
- Partner with HR and be involved with the 401k audit and 5500 testing
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades.
- Own tax withholding and direct deposit setup/corrections and field employee questions
- Manage Payroll inbox and respond to employee inquiries on a timely basis
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant laws and internal policies.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaborate with Human Resources (HR) and accounting teams on a frequent basis
- Supervise and coach payroll staff
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports.
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions.
- Payroll accounting including cost distributions, journal entries, and account reconciliations
- 5-7+ years of experience as a payroll manager.
- Previous experience in owning the Payroll function at a Startup strongly preferred
- Current knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
- Prior experience in Payroll implementation at a start-up
- Extensive experience with payroll software/ HRIS, preferably with ADP.
- An analytical mind and good math skills
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Organizational and leadership skills
- CPA is a plus
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Human Resources or related field; professional certification (e.g. CPP, CPM) is a plus