Dynamic Signal is the leading Employee Communication and Engagement Platform, committed to creating a connected, inclusive, and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be their best. From factory workers and field employees, to knowledge workers in any time zone, hundreds of companies across every industry use Dynamic Signal’s web, desktop, and mobile applications to build aligned, productive, and actively engaged communities and employee advocates.
We are looking for a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist to own and automate the Accounts Payable function at Dynamic Signal. You will work to ensure our vendor, tax and employee related expenses are paid correctly and on time. A big part of your job will be to revamp a manual AP process and be the point person in driving the automation of approval workflows.
Our ideal candidate is both analytical and detail oriented, with a passion for process improvement. We also value integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills.
Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the AP process is running smoothly and that Dynamic Signal is current with its obligations to outside vendors.
- Perform full cycle accounts payable functions including documentation review, coding, securing of sufficient support and approvals, entry and payment for all business expenses and reconciliation of the related transactions and accounts. The general areas of AP functions cover vendor/contractor invoices and agreements, employee expense reports, and credit card expenses, all subject to the company’s and the IRS policies and procedures.
- Ensure vendor and employee reimbursement checks runs are processed weekly
- Automate the current AP process by implementing approval workflows in NetSuite
- Monitor company expenditures and design NetSuite reports to track spend
- Verify and validate employee expense reports
- Track and pay sales and use tax
- Ensure payment credits are applied correctly
- Prepare journal entries and payment schedules as needed, supported by sufficient documentation and calculation.
- Perform monthly reconciliations including, but not limited to, prepaid expenses, accounts payable, various accruals, fixed assets, and payroll expenses.
- Assist with audit requests as needed and ensure AP documentation is audit compliant
- 4-6+ years of experience in owning the Accounts Payable function
- Experience with NetSuite and designing AP related approval workflows and spend reports preferred
- Previous experience in owning the AP function at a SaaS Startup strongly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel including VLOOKUP, if functions, pivot tables, etc. and computer skills
- Comfortable with fast-paced, demanding environment. Must be able to manage multiple tasks and juggle several urgent demands at any given point, while adapting to changing priorities
- Detailed oriented and strong project management skills are a must as this is a critical function within the Finance organization
- Outstanding communication skills (written/ oral) and ability to partner cross functionally
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field; professional certification or Master’s degree (e.g. CPA, MBA) is a plus
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Dynamic Signal leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Results oriented
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day