Dynamic Signal is the leading Employee Communication and Engagement Platform, committed to creating a connected, inclusive, and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be their best. From factory workers and field employees to knowledge workers in any time zone, hundreds of companies across every industry use Dynamic Signal’s web, desktop, and mobile applications to build aligned, productive, and actively engaged communities and employee advocates.
Dynamic Signal is looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst. This is a full-time role based in Chicago, IL (Remote).
You will be responsible for helping develop and execute financial planning and resource investment decisions. You will help evaluate and determine overall strategy for investment, headcount planning, targets, and compensation. You will also partner with senior executives in the organizations to forecast, plan, and analyze business activities.
This role requires someone who can support world-class financial forecasting, planning & reporting. In addition, the Sr. Financial Analyst will help with operationalizing and cultivating a more data-driven planning process.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will interact with senior management in this role and must become a trusted thought partner to them.
- Support the FP&A function on financial forecasts and models
- Oversee preparation of budgets and forecasts, month-end reporting and analysis, operational and management reporting
- Become embedded with partner organizations across the company, establish trust with executive leadership and quickly understand the business, economics, and metrics
- Prepare monthly dashboard of operating results, trends, and metrics for the executive team
- Conduct complex analyses to support executive team on critical business decisions
- Develop and maintain robust models on trends, key business drivers, and financial results to prioritize & plan investment decisions
- Establish timelines and initiate reviews with executive team to ensure financial plans and budgets are delivered on time and are consistent with overall company plans
- Assist in implementation of FP&A planning tool
- Other ad hoc projects as need be
As this is a highly cross-functional role, candidates are required to be highly analytical and very effective communicators and the ability to manage multiple workstreams simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of superior financial modeling and using analysis to influence decision-making, including prior experience in a corporate finance and/or strategy-related role. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem-solving, and focused on driving towards results.
- 4-6 years prior work experience with a proven track record of success
- Excellent financial modeling skills and experience leading and managing highly quantitative, complex analysis
- Experience preferred in the following areas: 1) FP&A, 2) finance at a start-up 3) SaaS experience
- Strong Excel skills a requirement. Ability to write VBA macros strongly preferred. Anaplan experience also strongly preferred.
- Very strong communication/ presentation skills with experience creating and delivering effective presentations to senior management
- Comfortable with fast-paced, demanding environment. Must manage multiple tasks and juggle several urgent demands at any given point, while adapting to changing priorities
- 4-year degree from top-tier university with strong academic performance.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Dynamic Signal leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day