Dynamic Signal is the leading Employee Communication and Engagement Platform, committed to creating a connected, inclusive, and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be their best. From factory workers and field employees, to knowledge workers in any time zone, hundreds of companies across every industry use Dynamic Signal’s web, desktop, and mobile applications to build aligned, productive, and actively engaged communities and employee advocates.
Dynamic Signal is looking for a Sr. Manager, Go-to-Market FP&A. This is a full-time role based on San Bruno, CA.
Reporting to the CFO, the Sr. Manager will support world-class financial forecasting, planning & reporting of the Go-to-Market orgs: Sales, Customer Success, and Professional Services. He/she will help evaluate and determine overall strategy for investment, headcount planning, targets, and compensation. The Sr. Manager will also partner with senior executives in the organizations to forecast, plan, and analyze business activities and model out key investments and associated returns.
The Sr. Manager will interact frequently with senior management in this role and must become a trusted thought partner to his/her teams.
- Become embedded with Go-to-Market organizations, establish trust and quickly understand the business, economics, and metrics
- Identify additional data needed and help operationalize and streamline the systems and data collection processes needed to support a robust forecasting and planning process
- Develop robust models on trends, key business drivers, and financial results to prioritize & plan investment decisions in collaboration with senior management
- Advice on breakdown of optimal marketing spend across variety of categories, develop models on CAC, CLTV, profitability of sales channels and products, and use the results of analysis to influence spend going forward
- Support headcount and compensation planning and payouts as well as quarterly and annual target setting
- Oversee preparation of budgets and forecasts, month-end reporting and analysis, operational and management reporting,
- Prepare monthly dashboard of operating results, trends, and metrics for the executive team
- Focus on sources of variability, understand causes, and implement data-driven forecasting improvements
- Work with Accounting on the monthly and quarterly reporting cycle
- Prepare a monthly consolidated go-to-market pack, annual plans, and quarterly re-plans as well as weekly bookings and revenue status updates
- Partner with and provide guidance and feedback to others on the FP&A team
As this is a highly cross-functional role, candidates are required to be highly analytical and very effective communicators. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of superior financial modeling and using analysis to influence decision-making, including prior experience in a corporate finance and/or strategy-related role. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem-solving and focused on driving towards results.
- 6+ years post-MBA or 8+ years without an MBA in relevant financial reporting/financial analysis experience with a proven track record of success in positions of increasing responsibility
- Must have prior experience in go-to-market FP&A (or focus on Sales, CS, or PS) at an enterprise SaaS startup or at a private equity-backed company. Prior investment banking experience preferred
- Excellent financial modeling skills and experience leading and managing highly quantitative, complex analysis
- Very strong communication/ presentation skills with experience creating and delivering effective presentations to senior management
- Comfortable with fast-paced, demanding environment. Must manage multiple tasks and juggle several urgent demands at any given point, while adapting to changing priorities
- 4-year degree from top-tier university with strong academic performance. MBA from top-tier university preferred.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Dynamic Signal leaders:
- Exhibits excellent judgment
- Entrepreneurial problem solver with strong troubleshooting skills
- Vocally self-aware and curious
- Hires great people. Develops great people
- Ability to effectively manage time, multi-task, and prioritize projects to meet established deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and written
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
- You love learning, and it’s one of the things you do to make yourself better every single day
- You are committed to a connected and inclusive work environment